Lemon Spaghetti with Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, fried briefly in a little olive oil
For the shrimp: In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt and pepper, then add to the pan in a single layer and cook until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
For the pasta: Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water.
While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Toss the drained pasta with the lemon sauce, the shrimp and some of the reserved pasta water; add 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Add the salt, pepper and basil and toss. Garnish with the fried capers.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis