Open Face Smoked Salmon Finger Sandwiches with Herbed Horseradish Cream Cheese
- 5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons prepared cream-style horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 6 fresh chives, cut into twenty-four 1-inch pieces, for garnish
Arrange 4 bread slices on work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over each bread slice to cover. Lay the watercress in an even layer on top. Top with smoked salmon. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 3 or 4 circles out of each slice of bread. Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture on top and garnish with 2 pieces of chive.
Arrange the sandwiches on a platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse