Orzo with Smokey Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 pound (2 dry pints) cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the tomatoes in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes are tender and the skins are charred in spots, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
For the vinaigrette: Place the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, olive oil, honey, smoked salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis