- 1 pound (2 dry pints) cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Place the tomatoes in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes are tender and the skins are charred in spots, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
For the vinaigrette: Place the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, olive oil, honey, smoked salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta and toss until coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Season with smoked salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Per Serving (based on a 6-serving yield): Calories: 366; Total Fat: 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 13 grams; Total carbohydrates: 64 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 1 milligram; Sodium: 972 milligrams