Ricotta, Olive and Pine Nut Spread
- One 15-ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup large green olives, pitted (about 12)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (2 1/2 ounces)* see Cook's Note
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 packed cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Serving suggestion: serve on grilled bread, in endive leaves or as a dip for crudite
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a food processor, combine the ricotta cheese, olives, pine nuts, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pulse until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook's Note: To toast the pine nuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 7 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis