Green Beans with Roasted Corn and Green Onions
- Water, to cover beans
- 4 cups green beans, ends cut
- 2 corn on the cob, white preferably
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, large, cut in 1/8-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Heat grill or gas burners. Place cleaned corn on the cob on the grill or burner. Turn corn and lightly brown all the way around. Let cool and slice the kernels off the cob.
In a large saute pan over medium heat, add oil, after 45 seconds add onions and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, add green beans, corn, and garlic. Saute for 4 minutes, deglaze with wine, season with salt and pepper, and butter.
Ease of preparation: easy
Thank you! your flag was submitted.