- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 rib end pork chops, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup of water, apple juice, pepper, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer making sure to stir occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl with 2 cups of ice.
Remove pork from brine, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 side of the pork chops with 1/2 the grill seasoning. Place chops on hot oiled grill, seasoned side down. Sprinkle the topside with remaining grill seasoning. Grill chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.