- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup broken vermicelli
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 6 cups chicken stock or water
- 3 cups quinoa (organic if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 bell peppers, red and yellow, roasted, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 large links chorizo
Preheat grill or broiler.
a few more minutes until onion is soft and begins to turn golden. Add stock or water and bring to a boil and add quinoa. Return to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until the grains are soft in the center.
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add julienned onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden color. Add garlic and cook an additional minute or two, stirring, then add paprika and cumin and cook 1 minute. Add julienned peppers, chiles and chicken stock and cook 10 to15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Adjust with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, grill the chorizo links about 8 to10 minutes over a moderately hot fire or broiler, turning often until cooked through to the center. To serve, place chorizo on a bed of the quinoa pilaf and top with the pepper mixture.