- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 5-ounce boneless pork chops
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 4 heaping cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
Combine the shallot, vinegar, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and adding the rest in a steady stream.
Put the pork chops in a shallow dish and season all over with salt. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Coat the pork and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the pork until cooked through but still moist, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Add the grapes and arugula to the remaining dressing and toss to coat. Transfer the pork chops to a serving platter or individual plates; top with the salad and sprinkle with the gorgonzola.
Photograph by Antonis Achiellos