Grilled Romaine Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Rinse and pat dry the lettuce. Cut the 2 heads in half lengthwise. Brush surface with olive oil and grill about 4 to 5 minutes total, turning occasionally. Place each wedge on a salad plate and drizzle with Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette or your favorite Caesar dressing. With a vegetable peeler, shave some pieces from a wedge of Reggiano-Parmigiano over each salad and serve.Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette:
Place all ingredients in a pint jar with a lid. Secure the lid, then shake to blend. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.