- 6 ounces pancetta, big dice
- 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium pan over medium heat cook the pancetta and capers. Remove from pan, reserving a little of the pancetta fat in the pan. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and cook over medium heat to begin to brown. Dress with balsamic and olive oil, a little salt (capers and pancetta are salty) and pepper. Place into the oven and roast, tossing a couple of times, until nicely caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Put the pine nuts in a small, dry, saute pan and toast over a low flame, tossing a couple of times, just until lightly browned, 3 or 4 minutes.
Once the sprouts are ready, remove them from the oven and put into a big serving bowl. Add the pancetta, the capers, pine nuts, currants and raisins. Toss and check for seasoning. Serve.