- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 8 ounces kidney beans
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons green onion, sliced, for garnish
In medium stock pot over medium heat, add oil, onions and peppers and saute until translucent. Add the garlic, tomatoes and ground beef. Cook until meat is browned.
Add rice to mixture and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, coating rice with the oils from the pan. Add beans, chicken stock, water and seasonings, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.
Fluff with fork and garnish with green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.