Creole Chicken Wraps
- For the Rub:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Wraps:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 4 pieces flatbread (use store-bought or make Guy's flatbread*)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Maui onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
* Make Guy's Flatbread (optional).
Make the rub: Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
Prepare the wraps: Whisk the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the rub in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Toss the chicken with 3 tablespoons rub. Oil the grill; grill the chicken until marked, about 6 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
Wipe the grill clean and brush with more oil. Lay the bread on the grill, then brush with the spiced mayonnaise and top with mozzarella. Grill until the bottom is marked, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
Cube the chicken and arrange down the center of each piece of bread. Top with the tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Roll up and wrap with parchment paper or foil to seal.
Photograph by Andrew Mccaul
Thank you! your flag was submitted.