Fieri - 4
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 (2-inch) thick slices bread
- 2 bananas, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
Combine milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
For assembly, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese onto 1 side of the bread slices. Top half the slices with the fruit. Place another piece of bread on top, cream cheese side down, creating a sandwich.
Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush with the butter.
Give the milk mixture a quick stir, and dip the sandwiches into the batter, coating all sides.
Place on the griddle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, then turn on the edges and cook to brown evenly.
To serve, slice sandwiches in half on the diagonal and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri