Green Chile Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely diced Spanish onion
- 1/2 large jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (27-ounce) can roasted green chiles, chopped, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Reduce the heat to medium, sprinkle the onion mixture with the flour and stir constantly until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved liquid from the chiles, 1 cup water, the vinegar and salt and stir until the liquid is smooth and all the flour is dissolved.
Add the chiles and pepper and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Puree in a blender, or with a stick blender, and add the lime juice. Adjust to taste for salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri