Red Devil Cranberries
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano pepper
- 1 cup blood orange juice, fresh if possible
- 1/2 cup agave syrup, preferably amber
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large saucepan, add the oil and saute the shallot and serrano pepper over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Guy's Tip: If available, try to purchase 1 fresh blood orange and add this to the cranberries. Segment, add the orange flesh to the pot, and squeeze in any remaining juices from the blood orange membrane.
Cook's Note: To segment an orange, remove the top and bottom from the orange over a small bowl (to catch the juices). Peel the orange with a small sharp knife, carefully removing all of the pith. Carefully slice between the segments, down each side, and allow to fall into the bowl as you proceed.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri