- 4 (4 to 6-ounce) filet mignons
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 green pepper, seeded, and sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) jar roasted peppers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
Slice a deep notch into the center of each filet, about 2-inches wide. Insert a piece of chorizo into each beef filet.
Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil into the filets and season with salt, and pepper.
In a large saute pan over high heat, brown the beef until a crust is formed and the beef is cooked to medium-rare or 145 degrees F, about 4 minutes per side.
Remove the beef from the pan, and deglaze the pan with beef stock scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat.
In another saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and add the pepper, onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato sauce, potato, and roasted peppers, and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
Divide the potato mixture among 4 plates. Slice each filet and place on top. Top each filet with some of the beef stock and garnish with chopped cilantro, chopped tomato, lime wedges, and avocado slices.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.