Smoked Salmon Mousse Lollipops with Wasabi Creme Fraiche and Baked Wonton Flakes
- 1 (8-ounce) salmon fillet (about 1 large fillet)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 wonton skins, cut crosswise into triangles
- 16 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 package powdered gelatin
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 6 ounces creme fraiche
- Aluminum foil
- Wooden skewers
Preheat the oven 375 degrees F.
Brush the salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake on a sheet tray in the oven until cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Break the salmon into small pieces with a fork.
On a large sheet of aluminum foil, arrange the smoked salmon in 1 layer, then cover with plastic wrap and pound out until very thin. Remove the plastic wrap and spread cream cheese mixture over salmon, then roll and wrap in foil. Refrigerate overnight.
In a small bowl, mix the wasabi powder and creme fraiche. Crush the wontons into flakes.
Remove the salmon roll from the refrigerator, unwrap and slice into 1/2-inch slices. Insert a wooden skewer into each slice and transfer to a serving platter. Top with a bit of the creme fraiche and a sprinkle of wonton flakes.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.