- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, such as Callebaut, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommend: Grand Marnier)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Long-stemmed strawberries, for serving
In a heat-proof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, heat the cream and orange zest. Add the chocolate, coffee, orange liqueur, and corn syrup and stir constantly until the chocolate is just melted and smooth. Keep the chocolate warm in a fondue pot or in a glass bowl set over the simmering water. Serve the warm chocolate with a large plate of long stemmed strawberries for dipping.