Double Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso or coffee powder
- 4 to 5 vanilla beans or cinnamon sticks
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat the milk and half-and-half in a saucepan on medium heat to just below the simmering point. Remove the pan from the heat and add both chocolates. When the chocolates are melted, add the sugar, vanilla extract, and espresso and whisk vigorously. Reheat gently and serve immediately. Use a vanilla bean or cinnamon stick to garnish each serving.
2011, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved