Green Beans Gremolata
- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
For the gremolata, toss the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, parmesan, and pine nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drain the beans and pat them dry. Add the beans to the pan and saute, turning frequently, for 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through. Off the heat, add the gremolata and toss well. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and serve hot.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Asian-Style 3 Bean Salad, Sweet and Sour Bean Salad, 2 Terrific Salad Sides: 3 Bean Salad and Potato Salad with Sweet Red Pepper and Onion, Heart Healthy Recipes, Broccoli Side Dish Recipes, Ratatouille Recipes, Mushroom Side Dish Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes, Spinach Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.