- 4 ounces fingerling potatoes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 medium red heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup green (preferably Picholine) olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon Champagne wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 cup caperberries
In salted boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature. Peel and cut into 4 to 6 pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the red onions, tomatoes, olives and capers.
In another bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Pour over salad mix. Taste and season with lemon juice.
Divide salad into 2 and mound onto salad plates. Surround with caper berries.
Recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck