Jack's Peach BBQ Beans
- 8 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (#10 can, about 6 pounds and 10 ounces) baked beans (recommended: Bush's)
- 3 cups canned peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Jack's Old South BBQ Rub, recipe follows
- Jack's Old South BBQ Rub:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet.
Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan.
Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce, and rub to the pan. Mix to combine and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.Jack's Old South BBQ Rub:
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Yield: 3/4 cup
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.