Jack's Peach BBQ Beans
- 8 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (#10 can, about 6 pounds and 10 ounces) baked beans (recommended: Bush's)
- 3 cups canned peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Jack's Old South BBQ Rub, recipe follows
- Jack's Old South BBQ Rub:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet.
Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan.
Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce, and rub to the pan. Mix to combine and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.Jack's Old South BBQ Rub:
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Yield: 3/4 cup
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Jack's Old South BBQ & Grill