- 2 aubergines (eggplant), sliced into rounds
- 2 heads fennel, sliced
- 3 courgettes ( zucchini), sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 yellow patty pan squash
- 4 green patty pan squash
- 2 red peppers, charred and skins removed
- 2 orange peppers, charred and skins removed
- For the dressing:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- White wine vinegar
- 1 handful chopped basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 handful fennel tops
Place all the vegetables on a hot barbecue or griddle pan and chargrill them for a few minutes on each side so you get those lovely black striped char marks. Once blackened, your peppers will need to be placed into a bowl covered with some clingfilm and left to steam for a few minutes you will now be able to remove their skins quite easily.
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and season.
Place all the chargrilled vegetables into a large serving bowl and toss with the dressing. Eat straightaway this should not be served from the fridge, but at room temperature lovely!
Recipe (c) Jamie Oliver 2002