Mediterranean Spiced Cucumber Medallions
- 4 ounces chevre goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 red bell pepper seeded and chopped, plus 1/4, for garnish
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Mediterranean oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Put the goat cheese, yogurt, 1/4 red bell pepper, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and the mint in a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer the goat cheese mixture to a resealable plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Lay out the cucumber circles and squeeze a little of the goat cheese mixture out of the bag on top of each circle. Thinly slice the remaining 1/4 red bell pepper and garnish each cucumber with 1 slice of the pepper. Arrange them on a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Janet Johnston