Creamy Kale and Eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped leeks, white and pale green parts only (about 1/2 small)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and cut crosswise into thin ribbons
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 slices crusty bread, toasted
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, reduce the heat to low, and cook until softened but not brown, about 8 minutes.
Make four indentations in the kale and carefully crack an egg into each. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg. Cover the pan and cook the eggs until the whites are completely set and the eggs are cooked desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium (runny yolk).
Divide the eggs and kale among four serving plates, top each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan and serve with the toasted crusty bread on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee