Kilmore Quay Fisherman's Pie
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced leek
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 4 cups boneless haddock, cut into a large dice
- 3/4 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In bowl, mix the cornflakes, egg, bread crumbs, and parsley. Set the topping aside.
Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, carrot and onion and cook, stirring, until tender. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the stock and potato and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the potato is tender. Add the haddock, and salmon and simmer, covered, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the cream and cilantro and bring to a boil. Stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle the fish mixture into 4 (6-inch) round ovenproof bowls or ramekins. Sprinkle with the topping and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.