- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1inch squares
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, scallion, and coriander in a mixing bowl and season to taste with 1/2 teaspoon of salt or more; season with cayenne pepper if you wish. Add the lamb and marinate for as long as possible (up to 3 hours at room temperature or 6 hours in the refrigerator); turn the meat in the marinade every now and then. Soak bamboo skewers in water while this marinates.
Position the broiler pan 4 to 5 inches away from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Thread lamb cubes on skewers. Broil kebabs for 6 to 7 minutes a side or until lamb is cooked through.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater