Last Minute Antipasta Platter
- 6 ounces "baby" or fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound mortadella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound cappicolla, thinly sliced
- 1 (5 to 6-ounce) piece of asiago or aged provolone cheese
- 1 small stick soppressata (dried Italian sausage)
- 1 small stick pepperoni
- 4 ounces (1 small jar) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 pound oil-dried black olives or similar olives
- 4 ounces (1 small jar) pepperoncini peppers
- 6 ounces or 2 pieces whole roasted red peppers
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
Use a separate cutting board for prepping and place a nice wooden board for the display in front of you. Unwrap all the meats and cheeses and lay them out next to your display board.
Place the baby mozzarella in a small dish and set on 1 corner of the board.
Roll the prosciutto like a burrito, fold the mortadella in half 2 or 3 times, and wrap the cappicolla into a horn shape and place it creatively on the cutting board. (There is no set way to roll the meats, just go with the way the meat is cut).
Slice a bit of each cheese, the soppressata, and pepperoni and place on board in between folded meats. Scatter board with artichoke hearts, olives, pepperoncinis, and roasted red peppers.
To finish, take a few basil leaves sliced chiffonade-style and mix with the minced garlic and olive oil. Drizzle over the entire board. Garnish with whole basil leaves and serve with cucumber slices as an alternative to crackers.