Linguine with Roasted Salmon and Lemon
- 1 pound linguine, dried or fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Cooked salmon, about 8 ounces, broken up into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Cook linguine according to package directions.
While the linguine is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add thyme and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Add vermouth and cook 1 minute. Add broth, olives, lemon juice, capers, and lemon zest and bring to a simmer, for 5 minutes.
When the linguine is cooked, drain and add, along with the salmon, to the pan with the olive-caper mixture. Toss to combine using tongs and cook 1 minute to heat through. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller 2007
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis