- 1/2 baguette, cut into 2 pieces, or 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 carrot, shredded or julienned
- 1/2 Kirby cucumber, julienned
- 1 tablespoon leftover Thai salad dressing
- 2 leftover Thai Red Curry Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro or mint
- 1/2 bunch watercress, woody stems removed
- Asian chili sauce (optional)
Preheat the broiler to high. Split the baguette or rolls and brush both sides lightly with butter. Broil until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
Remove from the broiler and spread both sides with mayonnaise. Toss the scallions, carrot and cucumber in the dressing. Stack the sandwiches with fish, the tossed vegetables, herbs, watercress and chili sauce, if desired.
This dish is made using leftovers from Thai Red Curry Mahi Mahi Salad.
Photograph by Antonis Achiellos