Maple Encrusted Chicken with Nectarine Brandy Sauce
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Nectarine Brandy Sauce, recipe follows
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Seasonal flowers, optional, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Lightly butter the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish in a single layer. In a medium bowl, mix together the pecans, mustard, maple syrup, melted butter, brandy, egg white, and pepper. Spread mixture evenly over each chicken breast. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Arrange chicken on a platter and spoon Nectarine Brandy Sauce over each piece. Garnish with parsley sprigs and seasonal flowers. Serve with additional sauce on the side.
Nectarine Brandy Sauce:
2 nectarines, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.