Marinated Grilled Lamb Kabobs
- Lamb and Marinade:
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 large white onions, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 (8-ounce) package white button mushrooms
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
For the lamb: trim all fat from the lamb and cut into 2-inch cubes. Combine remaining marinade ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and mix well.
Add the lamb cubes to the bag, tossing to coat. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, rotating the bag occasionally to continually coat the lamb.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Remove lamb from refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling to bring the meat to room temperature.
To assemble the kabobs: fill skewers, alternating peppers, lamb, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms until all ingredients are used.
Grill skewers, rotating to char lamb on all sides, until cooked to desired doneness, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.