Barbecued Lamb Chops with Citrus and Fire-Roasted Artichokes
- 4 artichokes, split in half
- 2 racks of lamb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 3 lemons, 3 oranges and 3 limes
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 oranges, 3 lemons and 3 limes, segmented
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
Preheat barbeque or grill, then place artichokes on grill.
Clean and trim racks of lamb and cut into 8 double chops. Sprinkle chops with rosemary and brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside.
In a 2 to 3 quart sauce pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add sugar and cook until dark brown caramel begins to form. Add juices and zests and vinegar and simmer 5 minutes. Add fruit segments, simmer 2 minutes more and remove from heat.
Grill lamb chops over hot part of grill 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove artichokes from grill and arrange on platter. Arrange lamb chops at other end, drizzle with citrus sauce and garnish with parsley.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Asian Lollipop Lamb Chops, Fire Roasted Baby Lamb Chops with Smoked Paprika-Orange BBQ Sauce, Grilled Lamb Chops with Artichoke Puree, Crispy Baby Artichokes and Cerignola Olive, Roast Beef Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Panna Cotta Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.