Big Clams with Caperberries and Lemon
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 24 Littleneck clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons caperberries
- 2 lemons, zested and supremed (segmented)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat until the garlic is golden brown.
Add the clams, caperberries, and lemon zest. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add white wine and lemon segments, cover, and cook until all clams have opened.
Season with salt and pepper, add the parsley, and serve immediately.