Big Clams with Caperberries and Lemon
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 24 Littleneck clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons caperberries
- 2 lemons, zested and supremed (segmented)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat until the garlic is golden brown.
Add the clams, caperberries, and lemon zest. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add white wine and lemon segments, cover, and cook until all clams have opened.
Season with salt and pepper, add the parsley, and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Mario Batali, 2001
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson