Bruschetta with Bresaola, Eggplant and Mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small Japanese eggplants
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 4 large slices Italian country bread
- 1/4 pound Bresaola, sliced paper thin by butcher or deli (should yield 12-15 slices), may substitute Prosciutto or Capicola
In a 10- to 12-inch saute pan heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion and cook until soft, about 9 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut eggplant into 1/4-inch thick rounds. When onion has softened, add eggplant to pan and cook, stirring regularly until eggplant has darkened and is soft. Add 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and remove from heat to cool. Cut fresh mozzarella into 1/4-inch cubes and add to cooled eggplant mixture. Add basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Grill or toast bread on both sides and spoon generous amount over each slice of bread. Place 3 slices Bresaola over top of eggplant mixture and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Bruschetta with Roasted Vegetables, Fiery Summer Bruschetta with Zesty Olive Spread and Spicy Candied Bacon, Caribbean Bruschetta with Shrimp and Scallops, London Broil Recipes, Parmesan Cheese, Appetizer Recipes , New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.