Calamari with Chiles and Mint
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 2 chile peppers, with seeds, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced into julienne
- 2 pounds calamari, peeled, cleaned, cut into rings, and tentacles left whole
- 10 leaves mint, torn
- Salt and pepper
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat until just smoking. Add the onion, garlic, chile peppers, and yellow pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the calamari and continue cooking until calamari is just tender and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add mint and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.