- 12 ounces beef top round, trimmed of all fat, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned washed and spun dry
- 4 ounces raw porcini mushrooms - or substitute portobello or oyster
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, peeled into shards
- 1 -ounce white truffle
- Truffle cutter
- Salt and Pepper
Placed sliced beef between sheets of oiled aluminum foil and pound them with a meat mallet or some other suitable instrument until they are paper thin. Place beef on cool plates. Sprinkle
with arugula. Thinly slice mushrooms and arrange around plate. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and drape with Parmigiano shards. Dust with white truffle shavings and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with Barbaresco wine.
Recipe Courtesy of Mario Batali