- 1 chicken, cut up into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Portobello mushrooms, caps cut into 1/4inch strips
- 4 ounces black truffles, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato conserva or paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
Wash and pat chicken dry and dredge in flour.
In a 14 inch frying pan, heat olive oil until just smoking. Brown pieces of chicken until golden, 3 or 4 at a time. Remove to a plate. Continue until all the pieces are done.
Add garlic and cook until light brown. Add Portables and truffles and saute until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add wine and tomato conserva and stir through. Add broth and chicken pieces and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes or until the juices of a thick piece of chicken run clear. Add parsley and serve immediately.
Chili-Rubbed Free Range Chicken with Guacamole and Pico De Gallo, Smothered Black Beans and Tortilla Threads
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse