Fettuccine with Lobster Pantelleria-Style
- 2 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters, steamed and cooled
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves, plus chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons salt packed capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium canned plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed chili pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fettuccine
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
Crack lobster shells and remove meat. Cut tail into 1/2-inch slices and claws into 3 pieces. Set aside tomalley.
In a blender, mix mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, black and chili pepper and extra-virgin olive oil to form smooth paste. If needed, add a little more olive oil. Pour pesto into large serving bowl.
Cook fettuccine according to package instructions until al dente. Add lobster into the pasta cooking water for 1 minute. Drain well. Pour hot pasta and lobster into the bowl and toss like a salad until well mixed and serve immediately. Sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves.