Fritata al Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale (Omelet with Balsamic Vinegar)
- 4 fresh eggs
- 4 large scallions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Aceto balsamico tradizionale di Modena, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
Break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk vigorously with a whisk. Fold in the scallions, bread crumbs, and cheese.
In an 8-inch, cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Swirl the pan to coat the sides with oil and pour in the egg mixture. Cook over medium-high heat until the frittata is set. Remove from heat and allow to rest several minutes. Slice into 4 wedges, drizzle with aceto balsamico. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali. All Rights Reserved.