Funghi Misti with Puntarelle
- 1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1/2 pound porcini mushrooms, brushed clean and halved
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1/2 pound yellowfoot mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chiles, optional
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, cut into inch-long pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup basic tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound puntarelle (chicory, or substitute large endive), trimmed and iced
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Grilled bread, for serving
In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, place chanterelles, porcini, oyster, and yellowfoot mushrooms, red onion, chiles, scallions, garlic, white wine, and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes; mixture should be thick like a ragu. Season with salt and pepper and pour into a large shallow serving bowl.
Toss puntarelle in a bowl with the anchovies, lemon zest and juice, and oil until well coated. Arrange puntarelle mixture over mushrooms and serve with grilled bread on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.