Grilled Snapper with an Herb Salad
- 1 whole 3-pound fish such as snapper, bream, sea bass or porgy
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup fresh sorrel
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup edible flowers, nasturtium preferred
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Clean and gut fish, remove top and bottom fins, scale and remove gills. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on grill and cook until done, about 20 to 25 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, toss herbs and flowers into a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and set aside.
When fish is done, remove to serving platter, garnish with herb salad and serve with oil and lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse