Marinated Boconcini with Grilled Zucchini Salad and Prosciutto Julienne
- 1 pound boconcini - little balls of Mozzarella, about 12
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, about 1 pound, sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch strips
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch chives, ends removed
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice, seeds and liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto, sliced paper thin by butcher
Drain the boconcini of the liquid it came in. In a mixing bowl, place zucchini, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, thyme, oregano, crushed red chili flakes, and salt and pepper. Set aside at least 1 hour.
Place zucchini slices on the grill and cook until tender but not really soft. Remove from grill and place in medium bowl. Add lemon zest, whole chives, plum tomato pieces, vinegar and chopped parsley. Toss gently to coat zucchini and divide among 4 plates. Place 3 boconcini on top of each pile of zucchini and set aside. Stack all prosciutto directly on top of one another and cut across the slice into matchstick julienne. Sprinkle over mozzarella and zucchini and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.