Neapolitan Crostini: Crostini Napoletani
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves
- 16 small slices crusty bread (baguette size) or
- 8 large slices country Italian peasant bread
- 3 cloves garlic
- 16 marinated fresh anchovy fillets or salt-packed anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the broiler.
In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with the cream, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and marjoram. Set aside.
Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler, turning once, until light golden brown on both sides. While the toast is still hot, rub each slice with a garlic clove.
Spread some of the ricotta over each slice of bread. Top each with an anchovy (2 each if using peasant bread) and return to the baking sheet.
Place the crostini back under the broiler until the cheese just oozes, about 1 minute. Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with the olive oil, and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.