- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano plus 1/2 cup
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 8 cups boiling chicken stock
In a mixing bowl, stir together bread crumbs, 2 cups cheese, eggs, butter and nutmeg until a ball is formed. Feed ball into meat grinder set over boiling chicken stock and grind noodles into broth. They will set as they hit the stock. When all the noodles are in broth, lower heat to simmer and cook 5 to 6 minutes. Serve in deep bowls with plenty of grated cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Mario Batali