- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into a fine dice
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (can use paste in a tube)
- 2 cups fresh green peas (can substitute frozen)
- Fresh mint leaves
In a large saute pan heat the oil until smoking. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the sugar, chili flakes and tomato paste and cook until rusty looking 4 to 5 minutes. Add the peas and cook until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt. Serve hot or at room temperature garnished with mint leaves.