Peperoni Ripieni (Stuffed Peppers)
- 2 fresh dinner rolls, outside grated off, inside shredded by hand
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino romano
- 2 tablespoons pickled capers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 yellow bell peppers, tops cut off and reserved, seeds and pith removed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, place the shredded bread and drizzle with 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add the parsley, anchovies, 2 tablespoons cheese, capers and garlic and mix well to combine. Season aggressively with pepper and timidly with salt, then slowly mix in the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil to form a fairly soft paste. Divide the mixture evenly among the 4 hollowed peppers (do not pack the mixture in too tightly) and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Replace the top of each pepper and place each pepper in a baking dish that has been brushed with extra virgin olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Eggplant and Oyster Stuffed Peppers with a Creole Sauce, Arugula, Red Pepper, and Sausage Stuffed Fillet of Beef, Stuffed Meatballs: Polpettone Ripieni, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes