Pork Scallopina Perugina
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 pork scallops, boneless pork loin pieces 1 inch thick
- Seasoned flour
- 4 ounces Prosciutto, sliced then cut into 1/4 inch batons
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 6 ounces white wine
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 6 sage leaves
In a 12 inch to 14 inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Dredge the pork pieces in the seasoned flour and shake off excess. Saute in a pan until golden brown on one side, for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and continue cooking 3 to 4 more minutes. Remove to a plate in a warm place and drain pan of excess oil. Add Prosciutto, garlic and capers to pan and cook 2 minutes. Add wine, anchovies, lemon zest and sage and return pork to pan. Cook until heated through and liquid has reduced to several teaspoons. Place pork pieces on to warm plate, cover with spoonfuls of sauce and serve with warm lentils.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.