Scampi with Garlic, Chiles and Mint: Scampi con Aglio, Peperoni e Nepitella
- 2 pounds jumbo prawns (12 pieces), or lobsterettes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 hot red jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fennel fronds
Split the prawns in half lengthwise.
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the oil until smoking. Add the prawns, garlic and jalapenos and cook until the prawns have turned red on 1 side but the garlic is still light brown. Add the wine and turn the prawns over to cook 1 more minute. Add the mint and fennel and toss through. Pour into a warm serving bowl and serve.
Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali. All Rights Reserved.